College Application and Essay Resources for High Schools
Hundreds of high schools use Prompt’s free college application and essay resources and paid bootcamps.
High schools supported
Free Resources for High Schools
College Application and Essay Webinar for Families
Your Own College Application and Essay Resource Page
College Essay Planning Tools
Counselor Newsletter: The Apply
Recommending Prompt’s Application and Essay Coaching
Paid Resources from Prompt
Small Group College Essay Bootcamps
Prompt is the leading writing coaching and instruction company. Our mission is to make people better writers. We support tens of thousands of students on college admissions essays every year through our college essay curriculum, bootcamps, and one-on-one coaching.
Our college essay approach is backed by writing instruction research and results – 98% of students we coach get into one or more reach or target colleges. We focus on college essays because we believe their high-stakes nature provides the perfect opportunity to engage students throughout the writing process (planning, writing, revising).
- Use Prompt's Application Plan to learn what colleges will find most compelling about you and start brainstorming your content.
- Video call with your coach to complete brainstorming and align on your best content.
- Draft an outline for your Common App Essay using Prompt's Personal Statement Outlining Tool
- Video call with your coach to discuss and align on your outline. Start your introduction.
- Complete your first draft and submit it to your coach for feedback.
- Your coach provides detailed feedback on how to improve the content and structure of your draft.
- Revise your essay based on the feedback and submit it to your coach.
- Iterate the essay with your coach through to the final check.